background

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Welcome Back...

I have been absent from blogland for quite some time, so I thought as a welcome back to myself I would re-design my blog so hey presto, I have a new blue and red blog which seem to be my favoruite colours at the moment.
I have a new addiction in the form of Pinterest and have been looking through it creating wish lists, inspiration boards, things I like, etc for hours now.
I have made tonnes of cakes too since my last post and have been doing a few decorating things indoors too.
Here are a few of my favourites.... forgive me, I am no photographer.


I also had my first sale at a school fete, I made and sold 200 cakes


2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your stage cake and am planning on doing a similarly themed one. What did you use to create the backdrop the hang the curtains from? Have got a recipe for gelain paste but not sure if that would be too brittle to take the weight of the curtains?? Any advise greatly appreciated! Heidi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi, I have only just seen this comment. I tried many ways to get the fondant to stay upright. In the end I settled on a cardboard back covered in black fondant and stuck the drapes and swags to that. the cardboard was corrugated so I was able to put skewers through the card and stake it into the cake.
    Hope this helps.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete