background

Monday 23 August 2010

Week off...

Hi, I have this week off from baking and have decided to create a playroom for my two girls.

I can't actually start the room as we have a guest but I can start shopping for the room, Wahoo!

I want to make a dress up area for them to use so am off to Ikea today for the ingredients to get me started.
This is the room that will be transformed.

looks like hell on earth doesn't it!
Luckily the bathroom has already been done and doesn't look at all like that anymore, this photo was taken the day we moved in.
The room is currently used as a guest room and has to keep that function but I also want it to be a playroom when its not occupied by guests.
Any suggestions welcome!
x

2 comments:

  1. We're moving house next week and I'll be turning one of the rooms into a playroom. Thought I'd share some of my ideas as it will also double as a guest room. There'll be a small sofabed in there (two-seater). I've got a reading/comfy corner with beanbags, cushions and huge teddies to sit on (the teddies were a ridiculous gift 6 years ago and I'm very pleased that they now have a purpose!).

    I'm toying with the idea of a permanent messy area - there'll be a square of vinyl whereas the rest is carpet. I'm using blackboard paint to make a huge area for chalks on one of the walls and magnetic paint for using letters/numbers and for the notice board.

    There'll be a "pretending" corner too where I'll have the shop/ kitchen/dolls etc. That's it for now. I'm sure once we are in and get started I'll have a better idea. The dressing up will have its own cupboard which is fab as there's tons of the stuff!

    Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh thanks for that, will let you know how we get on once its finished x

    ReplyDelete